Play Services Ireland was established in 2009 by Mel Campbell, who has many years of experience in both the public and private play industry. Mel was Play Development Officer for a Local Authority before moving into the inspections, training and maintenance aspects of the playground sector.
Play Services Ireland is focused on helping those responsible for playgrounds do their utmost to manage risk in a responsible way. This is done through the provision of Post Installation, Operational and Annual Inspection services, through training others in Risk Assessments and Routine and Operational Inspections and also by providing wider advisory services such as design and consultation during the development of playground projects. Play Services Ireland offers a parts and maintenance service, details of which can be viewed on the online shop.
The ethos of Play Services Ireland is one of personal service, flexibility and ease of doing business. We take a highly practical approach and, having been on the customer end of this business, we focus on making the lives of our customers easier by taking full responsibility for their regime of playground inspections.
Alongside our lead inspector, Mel Campbell, we have a dedicated team involved in report preparation, organisation and management of training programmes, marketing, sales and administration. Our ambitions are to continue providing professional, efficient, cost effective and competitive services whilst putting the needs of our customers at the forefront of everything we do.
Registrations, Memberships and Insurances
For the purposes of delivering our services, we maintain the following registrations, memberships and insurances:
- Registered with the Register of Play Inspectors International (RPII) at Annual Level and qualified to provide post-installation and annual inspections of outdoor and indoor playgrounds and associated training
- Hold a CSR (Construction Skills Registration) Card
- Hold up to date CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) Certificate
- Professional Indemnity to £2,000,000
- Employers Liability to £10,000,000
- Public Liability to £5,000,000
- Product Liability to £5,000,000
- All Insurances are also valid in the Republic of Ireland at the equivalent Euro rate.
As well as having an Honours Degree in Sports and Recreation and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Management Development, Mel Campbell has an NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice and holds a Professional Trainers Certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.